Essential Oils are gentle but powerful volatile aromatic compounds sourced from seeds, bark, stems, roots, flowers and other parts of plants. Essentially they are extracts of various plants that are natural and highly concentrated. Essential oils are a safe, effective, and an affordable alternative to the many chemical-filled products available. Read more about various ways of using Essential Oils here. Today’s post however is all about skincare for the body.
Grapefruit is highly nourishing for the skin being an astringent, expectorant and purifier it will reduce cellulite and support detoxification of the skin. Peppermint is anti-inflammatory and stimulating which will improve blood flow and invigorate the skin.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- Zest of 1 grapefruit
- 1 tablespoon of grapefruit juice
- 10 drops of dōterra peppermint essential oil
- 25 drops of dōterra grapefruit essential oil
- Place firm coconut oil and white sugar in a stand mixer bowl.
- Mix on a low speed until a thick paste is formed
- Add grapefruit zest + juice, peppermint + grapefruit to the mixture.
- Mix on low until combined + turn speed to medium for 20 seconds, or until mixture is well blended + fluffy
- Store in an air tight glass jar in the fridge.
Rosemary is a superstar when it comes to improving brain function and stimulating the mind, while soothing tired and stiff muscles, and reduce the appearance of cellulite. Spearmint is a natural antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and stimulant.
- Olive oil melt-and-pour soap base
- Silicone mold
- 15 drops dōterra spearmint essential oil
- 15 drops dōterra rosemary essential oil
- Optional: dried herbs
- Cut off the amount of soap base you want to use and place into a microwave safe bowl.
- Melt the soap into liquid form in increments of 30 seconds.
- Add a handful of dried herbs to the soap.
- Add spearmint and rosemary essential oils.
- Mix together and pour into the moulds + let sit for an hour
- Remove the soap from the mould. Soap should be good to use for a few months.
Tea Tree or Melaleuca in America is an amazing first aid oil. Being an antiseptic, antibacterial, antifungal, anti-parasitic, antiviral and analgesic it’s an oil for everything!
- 1/4 cup shea butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 15 gram piece of beeswax, grated
- 25 drops of dōterra tea tree essential oil
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over very low heat, stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir to combine, then add essential oils.
- Pour mixture into a clean jar.
- Massage a small amount into your feet at bedtime to moisturise.
OnGuard is dōterra’s protective blend formulated to protect the body and immune system from unwanted threats. In this blend is wild orange, clove, cinnamon, eucalyptus, and rosemary.
You will need:
- 5 tablespoons aloe vera gel
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 8-10 drops dōterra On Guard essential oil blend
- Small squeeze container
- In bowl combine aloe vera gel and vitamin E oil.
- Add 8-10 drops of doTERRA On Guard Protective Blend to aloe vera mixture.
- Add water and mix well to combine. Add more or less water depending on the consistency you want.
- Pour into container.
- Place your homemade hand cleanser in your bag, car, or office for an effective, alcohol-free hand cleanser.
- 16-ounce glass spray bottle
- 1 cup aloe vera juice
- 1/4 cup fractionated coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vitamin E
- 8 drops dōterra lavender essential oil
- 8 drops dōterra tea tree/melaleuca essential oil
- 8 drops dōterra peppermint essential oil
- Pour all ingredients in a glass spray bottle.
- Shake to combine + spritz over effected areas or skin in need of hydration